Saturday, April 30, 2016

Indoor Plants.... I just can't....


When I was at the nursery the other day I picked up a couple of plants. 


If you know me, you know that I have 2 huge brown thumbs!
Indoor plants and I do not get along.
But, that said,  I've recently really had a hankering to have some
indoor greenery.  The real stuff. You know what I mean?


These were called succulents. Seriously! 
They didn't have a label.  The staff at the nursery were 
great so I ran a couple of questions by some one that was 
out watering.


I asked if they would be a good indoor plant and the lady said 
yes, but make sure that you "DON'T OVER WATER THEM!"
I said " Oh so you mean like only once a week." 
She said "No. I mean like once every 3 weeks."
Really?!


Duly noted!
I'll let you know how that rolls out. 
Wish me luck!

I also stopped at Goodwill after work and found this sweet little Homer Laughlin 
covered casserole to put them in. 

We'll see..... 

I'm Joining 


5 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love the new plant and the fabulous new dish you found for it too. This looks so pretty.

C Reeder PhxAz said...

I have gobs of these. The petals fill up with water that is why little water with good drainage. I just put a layer of gravel in bottom of mine. They do exceptionally well in hot summer sun. If the petals fall off - too much water. Every three weeks really is true!! Enjoy. It's called elephant food by some and lucky plant by others. When it gets big just pinch it back. Put the pieces right In dirt and off it goes again!

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz! Oh, your little plants look so pretty in that tureen. It's that something that they need so little water? My daughter gave me one about 3 weeks ago and I'm almost afraid to water it - don't want to kill it. I'm good at that! Good luck with yours and again, I love it that you put them in your beautiful tureen. Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Lisa said...

Liz your little succulent looks so adorable in that dish. I'm sure she'll be happy in such a sweet home.;-)

The Charm of Home said...

That is so sweet in that dish! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!